Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thai Car Exports up in January

Bangkok Post reports:

A total of 86,697 vehicles were exported in January, up 61.78% on January 2012, and an increase of 0.46% on December 2012, Surapong Paisitpatanapong, spokesman for the Automotive Industry Club, said on Thursday.

The export value for the month stood at 39.48 billion baht, up 58.86% on January 2012, said Mr Surapong.

Domestic car sales over the month totalled 125,817 units, an increase of 63.36% on January 2012, but down 13.04% on December 2012.

Car output in January stood at 236,025 units, up 67.95% on January 2012, and an increase of 6.63% on December 2012.

Mr Surapong projected car output from February to April would stand at 664,756 units, down 6.89% on the 713,959 units actual output from November 2012 to January 2013, but up 31.89% on 504,006 units actual output from February-April 2012.

Vehicle output for 2013 is projected at 2.55 million units, up 3.92% year-on-year, he said.

Of this total, 1.1 million vehicles, or 43.14%, would be for export and the remainder 1.45 million, or 56.85%, would be for domestic sale.